Cover Letter - IT Infrastructure Engineer - New York City
Recommendations - IT Infrastructure Engineer - New York NY
IT Infrastructure Engineer - New York NY - Job Search - Cover Letter - Resume - Windows Server - Diversely Talented - Over 25 years of experience - James Jim Garrigan
Deployment Virtualization Troubleshoot Firewall Configure ITIL Threats Service Desk
Data Center Encryption IT Solutions End Users Connectivity Cloud based Vendor IT Service
Servers End User Authentication IT Services Administrators IT Department Network Security
Datacenter Cloud Computing Systems Administrator Network Services On premise
Managed IT Network Infrastructure Network Engineer Infrastructure Services IT Security
Application Development Managed IT Services Wireless Network IT Management Systems
Engineering System Administrator Technology Solutions
I am a PowerShell Developer/IT Infrastructure Engineer/Technical Support person in New York City.
The ideal position will leverage my technical skills and abilities to support the business and colleagues. I am eager to learn (e.g., cloud technology) and I thrive at entities that provide a supportive environment for growth.
I leverage my diverse experience to develop solutions for complex challenges. My contributions are aligned with the strategic direction of the entity and/or the technology.
I have provided IT services, as a consultant, a contractor, and an employee.
- Entertainment sector
- Well-known individuals/families
- Financial sector
- ICBC Financial Services LLC
- Lloyds Bank, plc
- LS Power Development / Luminus Management, LLC
- Various hedge funds via an arrangement with Goldman Sachs and the Netsys Group.
- The New York City Office of Technology and Innovation (OTI), formerly known as the Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DoITT)
- New York City Department of Education
- New York City Council: Technology Committee
- Manufacturing sector
- GAF Materials Corp.
- Service sector
- Executive Conference Inc.
- Marquis Jet
- Various restaurants
- High net worth individuals/families
At each company/client, I adapt accordingly.
- I can walk the talk about learning and implementing technology.
- When I began working for the NYC DOE I had not used PowerShell recently and I had never supported Hyper-V. Now with minimal human input, the PowerShell script (40,000 lines) I created configures Hyper-V with three Windows-based virtual machines and one optional Linux CENTOS-based virtual machine.
- In addition, I strive to maintain and expand my skills.
- I use LinkedIn learning online classes.
- I document procedures and I share knowledge with colleagues.
- At the NYC DOE, I created documentation in Microsoft Excel and Word files.
- At the NYC DOE, I provided online training which leveraged documentation, demonstrations, and interactive methods.
- Confidential Data / Processes
- I have handled MNPI, and other confidential data/matters.
- At Lloyds Bank, I participated in domestic and international legal matters, managed aspects of audit/compliance/regulatory functions, and resolved a category of HR issues.
- During the 1980s, while working for a retail company, I was the liaison to IBM support for POS systems.
- I progressed to MS-DOS, Windows 3.x, Windows NT 3.x, dBase III/IV, Cisco networking (10/100 LAN & 56k WAN) equipment, Exchange 5.x – 2007, Active Directory, and hands-on work with VMware vSphere and NetApp.
- I have been an entry-level support technician and an IT Director.
- While at Lloyds Bank, I had the authority to make decisions on behalf of the US entity.
Lastly, it is my belief I have received personal recommendations from C-level executives because of my strong moral values and work ethic. In today’s risk-averse atmosphere, many entities will only provide “name, rank, and serial number” for a past employee.
- From a VP of Application Support at [ ] Bank: James is a hard worker and is very knowledgeable on various platforms.
- From a Recruiter: Just got off the phone with [Head of IT at [ ] Bank)] … He had great things to say about you and I know it will be very helpful as we move forward in speaking about your strong technical abilities.
- From a CTO: I just wanted to let you know that your diligence with working with […] is really paying off. They have been much more responsive, and they are actually getting things done!